Weight loss team
Meet the weight loss team
Our bariatric team carries out around a 15-20 weight loss procedures every week. It is the UK’s second largest team for bariatric surgery.
Our five weight loss consultants are:
An expert support team
Our surgical team is supported by:
- specialist weight loss nurses, who will provide advice, support and information
- an obesity physician, who will ensure you are fit for surgery and that risks are reduced
- a specialist anaesthetist / peri-operative physician, who will assess you before surgery and monitor you during the operation to ensure you are receiving the correct levels of anaesthesia
- specialist dieticians, who will prepare you for surgery and explain how your eating habits will, and should, change after surgery
- psychiatrists and psychologists with expertise in obesity. They will assess if there are psychological issues that would prevent the surgery from being a success and explain the impact of surgery on your eating habits
- a GP specialist
Patients can also arrange to have access to personal trainers and physiotherapists.