Helping our patients regain control of their lives
Ultimately, giving our patients the greatest level of independence possible is core to our ethos.
Through multidisciplinary meetings between doctors, therapists and nursing staff, we create a care plan to suit your individual circumstance, which is regularly reviewed and reassessed in line you’re your progress. Our consultants will work closely with you to establish realistic goals at each stage of your recovery. You will be supported every step of the way by our entire multidisciplinary team.
Our therapies team will create an appropriate therapy programme focused on your unique recovery needs. They will work closely with you throughout your care programme, guiding you on how to safely carry out day-to-day tasks, such as climbing stairs and using the toilet.
This may be a combination of a variety of therapies, including speech and language, occupational or physiotherapy among others.
If you happen to reach a point where your rehabilitation plateaus, we believe that you will benefit most from continuing your recovery in your home environment, where we can help you adapt in familiar surroundings and return to your usual activities as far as possible.
A full range of therapies
We offer a full range of services including:
- Physiotherapy, providing patients with a routine of daily exercises
- Occupational therapy, offering support for daily functions such as washing, dressing and leisure activities
- Speech and language therapy to strengthen written and oral communication
- Specialist dietary advice – nutritional information to ensure patients have a healthy diet during recovery, but also supporting them if they have feeding difficulties
- Drug therapy – managing symptoms through protein-based drugs