Offering assessment, investigation, diagnosis and treatment
Our rheumatology service offers assessment, investigation, diagnosis and treatment to patients with a variety of musculoskeletal diseases.
- inflammatory arthritis:
- rheumatoid arthritis
- psoriatic arthritis
- inflammatory spondylitis (chronic arthritis affecting the spine)
- other seronegative arthritides
- crystal arthritis (gout /pseudo-gout)
- connective tissue diseases (such as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
- Behcet’s syndrome
- help in the diagnosis of joint and muscle pain
Our multidisciplinary team consists of consultant rheumatologists and other medical staff, including specialist nurses, research staff, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, podiatrists and other healthcare professionals.