Coronavirus: Latest information for private patients
Imperial Private Healthcare is part of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and is proud to be supporting the NHS in the fight against coronavirus. Our private patient units are making changes to help respond to coronavirus and protect our patients, staff and visitors.
We are continuing to provide outstanding care for private maternity and existing cancer patients, who will be informed of any changes to their treatment. We are also offering selected outpatient consultations via video conference or telephone. Please contact email@example.com to make an enquiry.
We are however closed at this time to private elective admissions as we support our colleagues in the NHS. We are also unfortunately not able to accept any new maternity bookings for births before July 2020.
If you are an existing private patient and require urgent treatment, or have any questions, please contact your consultant or their secretary directly. We thank you for your understanding at this time.
Please visit ‘Coronavirus: latest information and advice’ for information about hospital appointments, visiting restrictions, what to do if you have symptoms and more.
Our hospitals are making changes to help respond to coronavirus and protect our patients, staff and visitors. Due to the current situation, we are unfortunately not able to accept any new maternity bookings for births before July 2020.
Key changes for maternity services are as follows:
- We will contact you to discuss any changes to your upcoming appointment. If we make any changes to your upcoming appointment we will telephone you, otherwise please attend as planned
- We may offer you a phone or video consultation to replace your upcoming appointment, but we will discuss this with you first
- Please do not bring anyone to your appointment — you must attend your appointment alone to help prevent the spread of infection
- Please discuss your scan appointments directly with your consultant obstetrician.
Birth partners and visitors
- You may have one named birthing partner with you for the duration of your labour and delivery
- Your birth partner may stay with you continuously on our postnatal ward. However, we cannot allow any other visitors, to help prevent the spread of infection
Classes, packages and tours
All antenatal classes and tours and drop-in sessions are cancelled until further notice. This includes:
- All tours of our facilities
- All antenatal parent education classes
- Birth preparation classes
- Early pregnancy drop-in tours of the maternity units
- Baby massage classes
- Breastfeeding classes
We are also currently not able to offer our private postnatal community packages. Please call the Lindo Wing or the Sir Stanley Clayton Ward at Queen Charlotte and Chelsea Hospital if you have any concerns.
Cord blood collection
We have taken to decision to temporarily suspended cord blood collection until further notice (with the exception of specific requests from the NHS Blood and Transplant service).
Please see the Mum & Baby app for helpful information about pregnancy and our maternity services.
If you have any questions about your care, please contact the Lindo Wing by calling 02 033 121 608 or the Sir Stanley Clayton Ward on 02 033 131 466.
This page will be kept up-to-date regularly with the current advice. We thank you for your understanding at this time.