Coronavirus: Latest information for private patients
Imperial Private Healthcare is part of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and our private patient units have made changes to help respond to coronavirus and protect our patients, staff and visitors.
If you are seeking private care, please call us on +44 (0)20 33117700 or email email@example.com to make an enquiry. Alternatively, if you are an existing patient you can contact your consultant or their secretary directly.
Prior to your appointment you will be contacted by a member of our team with further information and to talk through the safety precautions that we’re taking in response to coronavirus.
Please visit ‘Coronavirus: latest information and advice’ for general information about hospital appointments, visiting restrictions, the safety precautions we are taking and more.
Before coming to hospital
If you are asked to come to the hospital, please follow these instructions for every visit:
1. Complete the Covid-19 checklist before every single visit to the hospital. (This must be done on the same day you are visiting the hospital).
If you have any queries or concerns, please contact your consultant or their secretary. If you are a maternity patient, please contact your consultant or care team for guidance if you have one or more of any of the symptoms in the checklist. In an emergency always dial 999.
2. Ensure you have followed the self-isolation guidance if you have been asked to do so by your consultant or care team
3. Wear a face-covering You must wear a face-covering at all times while inside our hospitals. This is to prevent the spread of infection to you, other patients and our staff. Face covering must cover your mouth and nose.
4. Avoid public transport, and wear a face-covering while travelling, whether you use hospital transport, a family car or a taxi
5. Use hand sanitiser or wash your hands when you arrive at the hospital
Coronavirus update for fertility patients
We’re pleased to announce that we have re-opened the Wolfson Fertility Clinic to welcome both NHS and private patients.
As part of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, we have put in place stringent processes and procedures to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. If you are registered with us, a member of our team will be in touch to explain the next steps for your treatment.
If you have any queries relating to your treatment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if you would like to make a general enquiry, please call 020 3313 4411.
Thank you for your patience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Wolfson Fertility Clinic.
Key changes for maternity services:
To continue to provide safe care during the Covid-19 pandemic, we need to make some changes to our procedures for scans and antenatal appointments. These changes are temporary and we will review them on an ongoing basis:
- We will contact you to discuss any changes to your upcoming appointment, otherwise please attend as planned.
- You may be offered a phone or video consultation to replace your upcoming appointment, but we will discuss this with you first.
We are delighted to announce one named support person can attend appointments and ultrasound scans.
Please do not bring children or any other family members to your scan, otherwise your appointment may need to be rebooked.
All visitors must wear a surgical face mask (which will be available at the front entrance) at all times while inside our hospitals, follow social-distancing rules and if your partner is coming with you for your scan, they should remain with you throughout your time in hospital.
Maternity visiting guidelines
You may have your birthing partner with you throughout your labour and delivery. Your midwifery team will discuss visiting guidelines with you, to ensure we maintain the safety measures we have in place.
For the safety of our patients, visitors and staff, visiting will remain restricted to one birth partner throughout the duration of your stay at the Lindo Wing or the Sir Stanley Clayton Ward. Birth partners must:
- complete a Covid-19 screening questionnaire at the beginning of each visit.
- wear face coverings at all times, and follow social distancing rules
- not come to the hospital if they are feeling unwell, including cold or flu symptoms
- wash or gel your hands as soon as they enter a ward or unit
Please speak to the nurse or midwife in charge of the ward or unit to consider any exceptional arrangements. You can also call the Lindo Wing labour ward (24 hours) on 020 3312 1608 or the Sir Stanley Clayton Ward on 02 033 131 466.
Maternity classes, packages and tours
The Lindo Wing private postnatal community packages are now available to book. If you have any specific requests around individual packages please speak to the team.
Booking is also now open for our new virtual antenatal education classes with our leading midwifery team at the Lindo Wing. Find out more.
However, all tours and drop-in sessions are currently cancelled, including all tours of our facilities and early pregnancy drop-in tours of the maternity units.
Please call the Lindo Wing or the Sir Stanley Clayton Ward at Queen Charlotte and Chelsea Hospital if you have any concerns.
Cord blood collection
Cord blood collection has now resumed in our hospitals. Please ask your consultant or midwife for further information.
Please see the Mum & Baby app for helpful information about pregnancy and our maternity services.
If you have any questions about your care, please contact a member of our team at Lindo Wing by calling 02 033 126 224 or the Sir Stanley Clayton Ward on 02 033 131 466.
This page will be kept up-to-date regularly with the current advice. We thank you for your understanding at this time.