Search our consultants’ directory
To book an appointment please call +44 (0)20 3311 7700 or email email@example.com
Dr Susannah Bloch, Female
Dr Susanah Bloch is a respiratory physician with an NHS practice at St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington.
She is the lead for lung cancer for Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, runs the lung cancer multidisciplinary team and works closely with the wider thoracic and oncology teams. She is responsible for managing the lung cancer pathway for patients from pre diagnosis, supporting them through their diagnosis and then on to referral for treatment.
Dr Bloch also runs the acute non-invasive ventilation service and acute respiratory unit. She is on call for acute general medicine and looks after general medical and respiratory inpatients. She leads the tracheostomy ward rounds and supports inpatients who are being weaned off a tracheostomy in intensive care. Her experience includes management of obesity hypoventilation and obstructive sleep apnoea with non-invasive ventilation (NIV) and continuous positive airways pressure (CPAP).
Dr Bloch runs a general respiratory clinic diagnosing and treats all general respiratory diseases. She also sees patients that require bronchoscopies each week.
She trained at St Mary’s Hospital, Imperial College School of Medicine in London and since qualifying has also gained both an MSc in respiratory medicine and a research PhD in the field of post critical illness muscle wasting.
- Lung cancer diagnosis and guiding multidisciplinary team management
- Acute respiratory and high dependency unit physician
- General medical physician
- All general respiratory problems
- Diagnostic bronchoscopy
- Lung function reporting
- Acute and chronic respiratory failure
- Non-invasive ventilation and CPAP (including treatment of OSA and OHV)
- Post-operative management of medical (especially respiratory) problems
- Tracheostomy and post intensive care unit care and weaning
- Pre-operative optimisation of respiratory patients