Search our consultants’ directory
To book an appointment please call +44 (0)20 3311 7700 or email email@example.com
Mr Michael Pearse, Male
Michael Pearse received initial orthopaedic training in Exeter before being appointed ARC Clinical Fellow at Bristol University under Professor Louis performing clinical research into osteoarthritis and osteonecrosis of the hip joint. After further training as senior registrar in The West of England, Mr Pearse gained specialist orthopaedic experience as Associate Professor in orthopaedic trauma and limb reconstruction at Hermann Hospital, Houston, Texas.
In 1994 he was appointed Senior Lecturer and consultant orthopaedic surgeon at the Royal Postgraduate Medical School and became clinical senior lecturer at Imperial College in 2003.
As one of the senior orthopaedic surgeons at the Trust, Michael Pearse has extensive experience within both trauma and elective orthopaedics. His NHS practise include acute adult and paediatric orthopaedic trauma at St Mary’s Hospital Major Trauma Centre as well as an elective practise.
- Primary and revision hip surgery
- Primary knee replacements
- Sickle cell disease
- Osteonecrosis (avascular necrosis)
- Major limb reconstruction work
- Correction of limb deformity
- Restoration of bone defects
- Limb lengthening
- Foot and ankle problems including hallux valgus, common foot conditions and arthroscopic ankle surgery
- Second opinion service for complex disorders
- Upper limb conditions include trigger finger and carpal tunnel syndrome