General facilities provided for referring clinicians
- Tea and coffee
- Sandwich lunch
- Business cards
- Outpatient reception assistance
- Inpatient administration assistance
- General promotion
- Mention and promotion on our website
- Mention and promotion in our printed magazine
- Inclusion in our consultant directory
- General marketing at conferences
Details of management positions held by referring clinicians
Prof Alun Davies, professor of vascular surgery and honorary consultant
Clinical director, Imperial Private Healthcare
Salary 2 x PAs (£31,308)
Main duties of the role:
- To provide clinical leadership to Imperial Private Healthcare’s services, working closely with the Director of IPH to develop and deliver strategy and business plans for the business’s portfolio of services.
- To act as a role model and positively promote private practice within the trust, both internally and externally.
- To support the Director of IPH and the wider team with engagement of the consultant workforce in relation to their private practice, to encourage development of the business within the framework of the highest possible standards of clinical and customer care.
- To chair the IPH medical advisory committee, ensuring that the committee has appropriate membership and stakeholder engagement in accordance with its terms of reference.
- To oversee and ensure the safe practice of consultants that are not employed by the Trust for NHS duties, but have a license to attend solely for private practice purposes.
- Working with the Director for IPH and Head of Nursing, ensure there is a robust structure for clinical and corporate governance within IPH that allows for risks to be identified and mitigated where possible or escalated through the Trust corporate governance framework.
- To lead the medical workforce in delivering a high standards of customer service, as well as medical care, commensurate with the expectations of private patients.
Mr Tom Setchell, consultant obstetrician
Mr Jiri Pavlu, consultant haematologist (salary 1 x PA (£9,702)
Dr Shelley Ward, consultant anaesthetist (salary 1 x PA £4,520)
Clinical site leads, Imperial Private Healthcare
Main duties of the role:
The Site Lead for Imperial Private Healthcare (IPH) is responsible for providing clinical leadership in support of the safe and effective delivery of private healthcare services across their designated site, including providing line management of the resident medical officers on the site.
The Site lead is also responsible for supporting the management team to grow the contribution private income makes to Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.